Basic fancy biscuits
Use this recipe to add any flavoring and nuts into the dough and to decorate them into the prettiest fanciest biscuits!!
- 1 cup butter
- Icing sugar
- Flour- enough to make a soft dough.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325•
Beat butter and sugar. Add dry ingredients. Add the add ins now ( custard powder/ cocoa powder/ nuts/flavored extracts ect)
Roll out, cut as desired.
Bake until lightly pink.
Allow to cool completely
Decorate as desired!
You'll also love
- Basic Single-Serve Pancake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Basic Spaghetti Sauce 4/5 (24 Votes)
- lemon squares 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Savoury Soup Muffins 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- M & M- love of the life chocolate... 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Turning store cookies into home... 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Biscuits 2.6/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.