Bloomin' Onion Bread
This naughty Bloomin’ Onion Bread has cheese stuffed in every crack and is cut just like the Bloomin’ Onion from Outback. It’s a fun way to serve bread because everyone can just pull off a piece of cheesy onion bread. This would be a great appetizer or bread for a meal.
- 1 unsliced loaf sourdough bread
- 12-16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely diced green onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving.
Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Insert cheese slices between cuts. Combine butter, onion, and poppy seeds. Drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- Sausage balls 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Heavenly Meatballs 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- steak and onions 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
- eggs 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Super Bowl Tabasco Chicken Wings 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesy Potatoes 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Classic Fruit Salad 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pina Colada Bread 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tired of not knowing the best way to chop onion? Our video shows you the easiest way to cut an onion. Master this technique and you'll never shed another tear while chopping onions!
Review this recipe