Classic Fruit Salad
- 2 cans sliced peaches, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cans crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- 5 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 bunch bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 bag of bunches of grapes, each grape cut in half
- 2 jars maraschino cherries, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Open cans of fruit, drain, and reserve all juices in a pitcher. It makes a wonderful chilled juice drink. Pour drained fruit into large bowl.
Prepare the fresh fruit, adding it to the large bowl.
Add enough 7-up to cover but not make fruit float. Add powdered sugar. Mix well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve and refrigerate any leftovers.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Brisket 2.7/5 (5 Votes)
- Pistachio ambrosia 2.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Curry Chicken and Pasta Salad 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet and Hardly Potato Fries 2.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Steak Salad 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Karadai (vella adai and uppu... 2.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Sunshine Salad 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Fruit and Nut Cake 2.2/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!