Sweet and Hardly Potato Fries
A low-fat alternative to traditional French fries.
- -1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium-size ones)
- -1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- -Vegetable cooking spray
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Budget Friendly
-Pierce your sweet potatoes several times with a fork.
-Place on a microwave-safe plate and cover with damp napkins. -Microwave potatoes for 8 minutes or until tender.
-Let stand 5 minutes.
-Peel and cut in half lengthwise.
-Cut into strips.
-Coat evenly with vegetable cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt.
-Coat grill cooking grate with cooking spray, place on grill over heat (350° to 400°). Place potato strips on grate.
-Grill the potatoes, for 1 to 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear on fries.
You'll also love
- Yury’s Anything Casserole 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Hot Tamale Soup 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic American Chicken Noodle... 2.7/5 (8 Votes)
- Nacho Cheese Dip 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Dads Chili Cheese sandwiches 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Healthy Pizza 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Outback SteakHouse Aussie Fries 2.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Candied Yams 1.8/5 (67 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!