steak and onions
- Green peppers
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Chop onions and green peppers on small strips.
Cut steak into strips
Place steak and peplers and onions into frying pan and cook on medium heat until steak browns then reduce heat and cover so onions cam caramelize.
Start cooking white rice.
If using a pre made gravy such as a powdered gravy begin preparing gravy.
If making your own gravy from scratch allow onions to cook a little more and then remove all of the food from the pan.
If making your own gravy. Add flour to frying pan and slowly add water while whisking until you have your desired amount of flour. Add the food back to the pan and cover and simmer on low heat.
If using premade gravy pour prepared gravy into pan on top of food, cover amd reduve heat to a simmer.
When rice is done put rice on plate and spoon steak and gravy on top.
Biscuits are great with this meal.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.