Jeana's Beef 'n Broccoli
- 1/2 pound of beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T fish sauce
- 2 t sugar
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 to 3 heads of broccoli
- cornstarch in a little cold water to thicken
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
slice the beef thin and brown with garlic
add soy and fish sauce, sugar and beef broth
put broccoli on top and cover to steam the broccoli (about 3 minutes)
mix a couple of spoonfuls of cornstarch in enough cold water to make it liquid and add it to sauce while stirring
Serve over rice and enjoy!
good with a julienned onion as well - or even mushrooms too
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (354 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (240 Votes)
- Avocado, Broccoli, Edamame 4.9/5 (63 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Salad with... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- VEGAN NUTMEG PANCAKES WITH VEGGIE... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.