Mongolian Beef and Broccoli
- 1/2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 flank steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 green onions
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Cut beef into bite sized pieces
Toss beef in cornstarch to coat
Heat oil in pan and cook beef until just done
Remove from pan and set aside
Heat oil in pan and add garlic and ginger
Cook until fragrant
Add remaining ingredients and mix and heat
Return beef to pan
Add green onions on top
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (354 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (240 Votes)
- Avocado, Broccoli, Edamame 4.9/5 (63 Votes)
- Ya-Ka-Mein 4.1/5 (96 Votes)
- Chinese Wonton Soup 3.4/5 (126 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.