Cindy's Burrito recipe
- 1 lb. turkey meat (or ground beef)
- 1 can Hormel chili no beans
- 1 pkg. Uncle Bens Ready Rice - Spanish
- 1 can 4oz chopped chili - optional
- 1 can 4oz chopped olives -optional
- 1can 16oz refried beans - optional ( I use no fat or with salsa)
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese ( I use Mexican variety )
- 1 pkg. 24 slices American cheese or other variety
- 2 pkg. -10inc. each- burrito size tortilla (or bigger if you want)
- Jalapeno or/and Tobacco sauce - optional for more spicy
- chopped onions- optional
- Vegetable oil (or Canola) for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Brown turkey meat in a good size pot till cooked. Turn to low and add, Hormel chili, rice, taco seasoning, chopped chili, olives, refried beans, shredded cheese and any other optional items. Mix all together until blended. Take two tortillas and microwave for 30 sec. (makes easier to roll). Next put once slice of cheese on each tortilla and about two tablespoons of meat mixture for each tortilla. Roll into a burrito. Put aside till all of you tortillas and meat mixture is gone. Next heat oil to med to med/high heat in a frying pan. Put enough to cover bottom. Take burrito and fry on each side. Make sure you watch the temperature of oil at first, may have to adjust so they don't burn. Drain excess oil of burritos on a paper towel. Can top with sour cream
Can also use the meat mixture for tacos!!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.