Family Chicken Quesidillias
By maryjo young
Boneless skinless chicken breast with sauteed onions and peppers and shredded cheese toasted inside tortillia shells and cut into triangles.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 16 inch soft tortillia shells
- 2 cooking onions
- 2 green or red peppers
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa and sour cream.
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Place 2-4 pieces of chicken breast into oven safe pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min.cook thoroughly.
Place cooked chicken onto a plate and allow to cool. Cool enough to be handled.when chicken is cooled chop into small square pieces and place into a tupperware bowl.
While chicken is cooling chop onions and peppers into small bits. Then place into frying pan with a spoonful of butter or a dab of oil and sautee untill soft. When finished place into seperate tupperware bowl.
While onions and peppers are cooking lay out tortillia shells onto clean table, cutting board or plates and spread butter or margarine onto one side of tortillia shells with a butter knife. This will allow the shells to get toasted.
In a clean skillet place one tortillia shell butter side down. Then sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over shell. Add chopped chicken spread all over shell evenly then add onions and peppers the same way. Top with more shredded cheddar cheese and place another tortillia shell on top butter side up.
Turn stove on med. To low flame and wait about 2-5 min.checking bottom tortillia with spatulas. When tortillia shell is lightly toasted slide 2 spatulas under shell and flip quesadillia. Toast lightly.
When quesidillia is toasted on both sides remove quesidillia and place onto a cutting board.
Using a piazza slicer make the basic + cut then cut an x cut and quesidillia should be cut into 8 small triangles.
place onto plate and serve.
Serve with a small side dish of salsa and sour cream for dipping.
For kids quesidillias only apply chicken and cheese.
You'll also love
- Baked Chiken Quesadillias 3.4/5 (164 Votes)
- Bean Burrito 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- My Chicken Ceasar Salad 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Bacon Cheesy Hash Browns 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- BBQ Oven Fried Chicken 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Little Smoothered Hot Dogs 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- COMFORTING CHICKEN 2.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Tex-Mex Calzones 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.