- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup nutmeg
- 2 pounds hamburger or ground chuck w/ground sholder pork
- gravy 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 pepper
- 1 3/4 cup mik OR cream
Level of difficulty Difficult
Cost Average budget
In lg skillet , saute onion in 2 tb butter untill golden.
In lg bowl beat egg then add milk and crumbs. let stand 5 min add salt sugar allspice nutmeg meat and onion. blend well with fork.
In same skillet heat 2 tablespoons butter using 2 teaspoons shape the meat mixture into small balls and drop them into skillet brown on all sides. when done remove balls and set aside.
using the skillet again add sugar,butter, salt, pepper and flour then add milk slowly untill mixed well. serve with noodles and peas.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.