- 3/4 lbs ground chuck
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 beef bouilon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon meat-extract paste
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled gravy seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350
In medium bowl, lightly toss chick with salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the Worcestershire, and thyme, micing well. Gently shape mixture into 18 meatballs
In hot butter in large skillet, saute meatballs until browned on all sides. Remove skillet from heat; place meatballs in 2-quart casserole
Remove all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in cream and 1/2 cup water; bring to boiling, stirring
Add bouilon cube, meat extract paste, gravy seasoning, and remaining pepper; simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over meatballs
Bake, covered, 25 minutes, or until meatballs are tender. Sprinkle with dill
You'll also love
- Nem nuong: Vietnamese Pork... 4.1/5 (104 Votes)
- Polynesian Meatballs 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- lasagna roll ups 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Cutlets with sweet pepper 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Savories- Lamb Kabobs 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Lasagna 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes with Meatballs 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Chihuahua Meatballs 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.