My husband is Asian and I am always trying to perfect my recipes to his pleasing...this one hit the spot!
- 2-3 lbs top sirloin or or top round steak, cut into thin slices
- 1 large onion, cut into large slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Place the meat in a large bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cornstarch to the bowl.
Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Heat a couple teaspoons of oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
Add everything from the bowl to the wok.
Let the sauce come to a boil.
Stir in the cornstarch a bit at a time, adding more or less, depending on how thick you want your sauce.
Let it simmer until meat is no longer pink.
Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Kauai Chicken 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Surf 'n' Turf Skewers 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Barley Stew 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Goulash 3/5 (65 Votes)
- Monkfish in bittersweet sauce 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- E-FU MEIN 3/5 (23 Votes)
- Sticky Pork Ribs 3/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe