- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, seeds removedand chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 28—ounce can tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup dried pot barley
- sour cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. In large, heavy pan or Dutch oven, heat oil and brown meat. Add onion and cookuntil translucent.
2. Add carrots and green pepper and cook until tender.
3. Add seasonings, salt, canned tomatoes, water, barley.
4. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour stirring occasionally.
5. Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream on top.
You'll also love
- Bacon Wrapped AppleTizers 2.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Manchurian dry 2.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta 2.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Mouth-Watering Beefy Stuffed... 2.9/5 (87 Votes)
- Stuffed Peppers Casserole 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- beef barley soup 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Turkey meatloaf with hulled barley... 2.7/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!