beef barley soup
Rate this recipe 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- 1 cup chopped raw beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 can kernel corn
- 1 carton beef broth
- 1/4 cup pearl barley
- Dash pepper
- Dash worcershire sauce
- Dash hp sauce
- Dash thyme
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Brown beef and onions in large pot. Add all the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for 1 hour or more until barley is cooked
More barley can be added
You'll also love
- Leftovers A La King 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Pita Chips 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Mrs. Claspbell's Special 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- sweedish meatballs 2.8/5 (37 Votes)
- Dalk Dori-Tang 2.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Pork Soup 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Rice Soup 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 2.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe