Leftovers A La King
Perfect dish for leftover duck, turkey, goose, chicken, or any large amount of leftover meat.
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bag or can of peas
- 1 can or bag of corn
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 can of chicken stock or leftover fat
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the sauce pan and melt 1 tbsp of butter. Add meat, onions and carrots. Simmer for 15 - 25 min or until onions and carrots are soft.
Add peas and corn. Simmer 5 more min. Add milk, stock, and butter. Stir in flour until thick like gravy. If too thick add more milk. If too thin & watery, add a spoon of flour until desired thickness is achieved.
Serve over biscuits and OUILA!!! Leftover A LA King
You'll also love
- Outback Steakhouse Queensland... 4.1/5 (236 Votes)
- Creamy Broccoli, Cheese and Turkey... 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Alfredo Pizza 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Fried Plantain with a Black Bean... 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Pita Chips 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- No Bake Marshmallow Cookies 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Pasta 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes (6 Ingredients) 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.