Fried Plantain with a Black Bean Center
This is a variation of a Guatemalan recipe called "rellenitos de platanos".
- 1 bag of black beans
- 5 ripe plantains
- 1 heaping pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Refry the black beans.
Two days later, peel and chop plantains. Boil in a large pot until tender, then mash.
Add sugar to plantain, and add salt to refried black beans.
Take a large spoonful of plantain and work a hole into the center. Put a smaller spoonful of beans in the middle off the plantain, close it up.
Roll lightly in flour and deep fry until golden.
You'll also love
- Pita Chips 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef and Broccoli 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Beef brisket 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- smoked salmon spread 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- fried shrimp 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes (6 Ingredients) 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Cod Croquettes 2.6/5 (69 Votes)
- salsa 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Run out of chips for the party ? Fry some pasta! Guaranteed success!
CRISPY FRIED PASTA DIPPERS
Cook bow-tie pasta for 8 minutes. Combine grated Parmesan with garlic, and Italian and curry spices.
Fry the pasta for two minutes on each side and mix into the cheese and spice combination.
Review this recipe