- 1 lb. beef sirloin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. powdered ginger or 1 tbsp. finely chopped ginger root
- 1 garlic glove
- 1/2 tsp. monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1 medium onion
- finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Slice meat thinly across the grain. Combine remaining ingredients. Marinate meat strips for about 1 hour. Broil, grill or barbecue steak strips 5-10 min or until lightly browned.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.