Homemade Chicken Teriyaki
Great for the grill, week night or a party. Most ingredients are in your pantry!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (Any) chicken will do
- 1/2 cup pineapple, grapefruit, or orange juice
- 1/2 a cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 4 tbls ketchup
- 1 tbls ginger fresh is best but powder will do just add extra
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced fine
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbls Sesame seeds
- 1 tbls parsley
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350. Clean and trim the chicken. Spread salt and pepper evenly on both sides . Spread oil on backing pan. Place seasoned chicken on backing sheet on center rack. Cook for 15 minutes each side or until cooked all the way through. Drain off any oil into the teriyaki sauce pan and set aside.
Once chicken is in the oven start teriyaki sauce.
In a small saucepan on medium heat add pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, hot sauce, and ginger. While simmering dice garlic and add to teriakki. Let sauce simmer until it is half the size.
In a small frying pan add sesame seeds and cook on very low heat until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Poor teriyaki sauce evenly over each piece of chicken flipping them to ensure even coat. Sprinkle sesame seeds on both sides of chicken add parsley and enjoy!
Any chicken will do, boneless, skinless, breast or thigh just make sure to clean and trim. This is a very mild teriyaki sauce not meant to overwhelm. It might also work well with pork.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- SAMORE 2.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Squash-coconut soup 1.8/5 (64 Votes)
- Tasty Chicken Tacos 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cincinnamon roll 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Kelly's Tomato Chicken 1.7/5 (71 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Wontons 2/5 (3 Votes)
- Caribbean Chicken 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!