A twist on the classic cinnamon roll but with seasonal fruit!
Blueberry Rolls. Discover our recipe.
- 3 1/4 - 3 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup warm Water
- pinch of Sugar
- 1 tablespoons instant Yeast (or two packets)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Butter soften
- 2 Lemons zest
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1 Lemon zest
- Juice of one Lemon or 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon extract
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk (use the amount that you need to get to your desired thickness)
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Place the warm water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to activate.
In a saucepan heat milk butter and sugar until warm but not boiling (120-130°). Set aside and let cool to 110-115°.
In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, and salt. Add yeast mixture and milk mixture to flour. Blend at low speed of your stand mixer until moistened 30 seconds. Add egg and beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. With a dough hook attachment or by hand stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead in mixer or by hand on a floured surface until smooth and elastic 5 to 8 minutes. Place dough into a greased bowl turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise for about an hour or until doubled in size.
Prepare filling. Combine sugar and lemon zest. Soften butter to be able to spread.
Punch down dough. On light floured surface roll dough out to a 12" x 18" rectangle. Spread softened butter over surface of rolled out dough. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over butter and dough. Spread blueberries evenly over the sugar mixture. Starting with shorter side of dough start rolling dough tightly. Pinch edge to seal. Cut into 12 equal slices, place cut side down in a 13" x 9" pan
Cover and let rise until dough has double about 30 - 45 minutes.
Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown on top. Let cool until warm.
Mix all icing ingredients until smooth. Spread evenly over warm rolls. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Creamy Eggs 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Tomato and Gorgonzola Tart 4.1/5 (46 Votes)
- Red Lobster Biscuits 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Potato Refrigerator Rolls 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Strawberry tarts 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Strawberry-Blueberry Pancakes 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Crockpot Oatmeal 4.7/5 (8 Votes)
- Red Fruit Crumble 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?