Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 8 Tbsp margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
For the rolls, dissolve yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
Add the sugar, margarine, salt, eggs, and mix well. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a large bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Roll until approximately 21 inches long and 16 inches wide. Preheat oven to 400F.
For the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread the softened margarine evenly over the surface of the dough and then sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the surface.
Working carefully from the top (a 21 inch side) roll the dough down to the bottom edge. Cut the rolled dough into 3/4 inch slices and place 6 at a time, evenly spaced, in a lightly greased baking pan.
Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown on top. While the rolls bake, make the icing.
Combine all icing ingredients. Mix well with an electric mixer until fluffy. When the rolls come out of the oven, coat each generously with icing.
You'll also love
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Crumb Top... 2.7/5 (232 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Icing 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Summer Squash Frittata 3.7/5 (80 Votes)
- POACHED EGGS 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Rose petal cookies 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Pan Pizza 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Crescent roll hot dog roll ups... 4/5 (46 Votes)
- Homemade Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.