Debbie's Doughnut bits
My wife loves desert but it has to be fast and easy for me to get it out to her. So this is my take on one of her favorites
- 1 can of biscuits ( not the flaky kind) cut into quarters
- oil for frying
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tea spoons of cinnamon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place skillet on stove top
place 2 inches of oil and heat to medium
in a plate mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
drop biscuit pieces into oil and fry till brown on one side and flip over. Do not over crowd skillet with biscuits. Cook in batches. Watch biscuits or they can burn quick.
once biscuits are brown on both sides remove from pan and roll in Cinnamon and Sugar and place on serving plate.
Use a neutral oil for frying as a stronger oil will leak into the doughnuts and leave a funny taste.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Balls 4.2/5 (339 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (240 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (169 Votes)
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.