German Chocolate cake frosting
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- 1 C ff evaporated milk
- 1 C brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 C pecans
- 1 1/3 C sweetened coconut
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine all ingredients and cook over low heat until thickened (12 min). Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
You'll also love
- Fudge 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ginger Snaps 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Kid Friendly Chocolate Chip Muffins 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Butter Tarts 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Peoples' Puppy Chow 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Icing 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Indian Rice Pudding 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Bread Pudding 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!
Review this recipe