Delicious way to add a bit of nutrition to your party,you don't taste the spinach, so, kids love them as well. Easy to make and cost effective. These are requested by my family and friends for any and all occasions.
- 2 packages of frozen chopped spinach ( thawed and drained well )
- 2 sticks of butter ( melted )
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 bag ( 14 oz ) of seasoned crushed stuffing
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Makes 20-30 balls depending on size.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl,mix together all of the ingredients.
Roll all of the mixture into balls. Do not make the balls any larger than the size of a ping pong ball.
Place spinach balls on an ungreased cookie sheet. 1/2 inch
Place in oven on the middle rack. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the top is golden brown ( time depends on size of ball ).
Serve hot, room temperature, or chilled.
You can make mix ahead of time ( 24 hours ) and bake when ready. If preferred, bake and reheat in the oven at 325 degrees for 8 minutes or until warm in center. Remember they taste great chilled too!
Make sure your spinach is WELL drained ( I squeeze mine ).
If mixture seems dry add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of butter.
You'll also love
- Mini Pesto Burger Sliders 4.8/5 (35 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.2/5 (115 Votes)
- Tom Tom Drums (Chicken Legs!) 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Red beet, apple and pistachio... 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- spanish rice 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Parmesan Ritz Crusted Chicken 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Loaded clam dip 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon 4/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!