Sweet Potato Soup with Yogurt and Feta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 c. plain yogurt
- 1/4 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 8 c. vegetable broth
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Saute onion, chili powder and garlic in a frying pan.
Add the broth, sweet potatoes, sauteed onion, chili powder and garlic, and tomatoes to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Puree the soup, and serve with yogurt and feta cheese added to each bowl.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
You'll also love
- Crab Cakes 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Beef Teriyaki steak strips 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Crab Cakes- Small Batchh 2 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Asparagus Dip 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Deepavali snacks (bajji, vellai... 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- eggs and feta 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Family Zilenick 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Cream Of Carrot Soup 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!