Ma Bears Potato Soup
- Small onion diced
- Garlic powder
- Parsley flakes
- 8 med potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 can of evaporated milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Add 6 cups of water to a large pot
Add diced onion, and a few shakes of salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, & parsley.
put on med. Heat
Add diced potatoes & bring to a gentle boil until potatoes are tender enough to break with a fork.
Add 2 tbsp of butter & evaporated milk turn down temp to just a simmer.
Take a 1/2 cup warm water ( not hot) & add
1 1/2-2 tbsp of flour to cup of warm water & mix thoroughly as if making gravely.
Add to soup stirring constantly until desired thickness is reached.
Remove from heat, taste. Add more spices if needed.
Add cooked chunked hot Italian sausage.
You'll also love
- Daisy Cake 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- German Chocolate cake frosting 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Split Pea and Potato Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Quick Hot Chocolate 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cornbeef n cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Tomato and Mozzarella 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade do whatever twist you... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tater Tot Hotdish 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!