Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut up enough veggies to fill a pot. Fill up pot with enough water to cover veggies. Boil until tender.
While veggies are cooking, microwave bacon. Crumble it up when it cools off. Set aside.
When veggies are done, drain about half the water. Then in the frying pan, melt 1/4-1/8 cup butter. Add flour to it and stir to paste with whisk. Add 2 cups milk and whisk. Adjust with flour and milk until consistency is just right. Pour into main pot with veggies. If you like the consistency, it's good. Too thin: repeat the flour and butter step.
Add bacon. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!