Chicken Corn Chowder
This soup is a cream base soup with a basic corn chowder recipe and addition of a mushroom medley.
- 6-8 cups of water
- 15 white mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 2 large potatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup of mushroom medley (porcini
- yellow bolete
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons of crushed garlic
- 2 chicken breasts (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Spice however you would desire. Suggestions:
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 2 tablespoons of rotisserie chicken spice
- 2 tablespoons of sweet mesquite spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Cook chicken in a frying pan with oil. Prepare all vegetables while chicken is cooking.
Add water to a large pot (Dutch oven) with vegetables, spices and cooked chicken and turn the pot on medium heat.
Prepare the roux. Melt butter into a medium sauce pan on medium heat. Once melted add flour and whisk together. Add milk to thick mixture. Once the mixture is heated, add cheese.
When the roux is completed add it to the broth by using a medium stiffness spatula.
Mix the roux until it is blended into the soup and heat for 1.5 hours on low heat mixing occasionally.
You'll also love
- Chicken Fajitas 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Tandoori Chicken 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Corn Chips 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheese and Onion Scrambled Eggs 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Wild rice cheese soup 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Jerk Chicken and Potatoes 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.