Homemade do whatever twist you want Tomato Soup
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 big can diced tomatoes
- your choice of spices
- milk or cream if you want
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
saute onion and garlic in oil
add tomatoes and spices and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or more
blend if you want - halfway, or to a puree
add some cream or milk if you want!
for spices, try cumin, thyme, black pepper or red pepper flakes
one day, we put leftover noodles in the bowl, added leftover chicken and some grated cheese and poured the soup overtop.....SO good :)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.