Pea soup recipes - 7 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: peas
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Pea soup recipes
In a large bowl, put the peas and a dash of baking soda
- 2 cups whole yellow peas
- baking soda
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup cubed ham ·
- l teaspoon black pepper
- dash cinnamon to taste i
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup flour
50 Meatless Monday Recipes That Will Satisfy The Whole Family
Get on top of your Meatless Monday game with these 50 vegetarian recipes the whole family will love!
Dad's Split Pea with Ham Soup
Simmer ham bone with meat attached, salt, pepper & Mrs
- Ham Bone with meat attached
- 2 cups Split Peas
- 1 cup Lentils
- Mrs. Dash
- Minced Garlic
8 Secrets to Brewing the Perfect Coffee
You've never been closer to achieving the perfect brew. Follow these 8 steps to up your java game and make an unforgettable cuppa joe!
Hammy Split Pea Soup
Brown the yellow onion in olive oil, at the bottom of a big pot
- Goya dried green split peas
- Yellow onion
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked Ham bone, with some meat still on it
- Olive Oil
Split Pea and Potato Soup
Boil Peas and Potatoes at moderate heat in half of the broth until quite tender
- 1 lb bag of split peas, washed and drained
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 C Beef broth
- 2/3 C onion, diced
- 6 Tbls Olive Oil
- 6 Tbls Butter
- 1 Tbls salt
Oh no, my food is growing legs! Can I still eat it?
By Pascale Weeks
Sometimes vegetables grow sprouts after you've bought them! Are they still safe? We help you get to the ROOT of the problem.
Deadly delicious creamy soup, Nightmare Before Christmas based
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups medium-diced carrots (3 to 4 carrots)
- 1 cup medium-diced red boiling potatoes, unpeeled (3 small)
- 1 pound dried split green peas
- 8 cups chicken stock
Split Pea Soup
In large saucepan, combine all ingredients
- 2 cups dried split peas 500 mL
- 6 cups water
- 1 piece salt pork (2 oz/60 g)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/2 cup each of diced celery and carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and dried savory
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
let peas soak overnight in water
- Yellow Peas
- Ham Broth
- Chicken Broth