Deadly delicious creamy soup, Nightmare Before Christmas based.
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups medium-diced carrots (3 to 4 carrots)
- 1 cup medium-diced red boiling potatoes
- unpeeled (3 small)
- 1 pound dried split green peas
- 8 cups chicken stock
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
In a 4-quart stockpot on medium heat, saute the onions and garlic with the olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper until the onions are translucent, 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the carrots, potatoes, 1/2 pound of split peas, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
Skim off the foam while cooking. Add the remaining split peas and continue to simmer for another 40 minutes, or until all the peas are soft
Stir frequently to keep the solids from burning on the bottom. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Don't burn your tongue
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!