Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- 3 cups Farfel
- Warm water
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Put Farfel into a large bowl and add warm water until covered. Let stand until soft (5-7minutes). Then drain.
Add in margarine, salt, and eggs. Mix well.
In a greased muffin pan, fill 3/4 full. Bake at 425F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Gooderham BarS 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Oyster Rockefeller 3.8/5 (37 Votes)
- Salmon Cucumber Maki (Kappa) 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Beef stroganoff 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Roll with Pasta 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Menezes Super Supreme Pizza 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Dad's Fasolakia 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- American Sugar Cookies 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe