American Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
In a big bowl cream butter and sugar together, add egg and vanilla, mix together until blended well.
In a separate bowl whisk together dry materials; flour, baking powder, and salt. Then stir the dry mixture into the butter or wet mixture.
Refrigerate for 1 hour, then wait till it is soft enough to handle.
Put dough into cookie shapes, and bake for 10 minutes till the cookies are golden brown.
Leave out for 5 minutes to cool and its up to whether you would like to ice them or not.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Balls 4.2/5 (339 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (240 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Amazing Kinder Bueno Flavored Ice... 4.2/5 (188 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!