Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 c peanut butter (doesn't matter if creamy or crunchy)
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar (set aside)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325`
Mix ingredients together and form small balls with dough. Place on cookie sheet about 2" apart.
Take a fork and dip into reserved sugar. Use the fork to gently press the ball down and leave indentation on top. Turn fork at 45 degree angle and repeat, leaving a checkerboard pattern on top. Repeat for all the cookies.
Bake at 325` for 30 minutes. Cookies will be soft and they need to be handled gently.
If you want a chocolate center like a thumbprint, do not use sugar and fork just push them down gently with hand. Once out of oven add a Hershey's kiss in the center once they have cooled slightly.
You'll also love
- Gomaae 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Sweet Marie Bars 3.8/5 (66 Votes)
- Chocolate Pudding Cake 3.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Christmas Gingerbread 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Eggs mimosa 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate No Bakes 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Buttercrunch Popcorn 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Charleston PJ from the 1800s 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe