Menezes Super Supreme Pizza
(Makes 2 Pizzas – 12 inch dia)
Four basic ingredients to any pizza: Crust, Sauce, Cheese and Toppings.
Have fun choosing your own toppings and enjoy your homemade pizza… fresh from the oven!
- For the Pizza Dough - Ingredients:
- - Active dry yeast - 1 tablespoon
- - Warm water - 1½ cups
- - All purpose flour – 3½ cups
- - Extra-virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon + 2 tablespoons for brushing
- - Salt - 1 teaspoon
- - Sugar -½ tablespoon
- For the Pizza Sauce - Ingredients:
- - Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
- - Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (Finely chopped)
- - Onion – 1 no. finely chopped
- - Tomatoes -3 nos. chopped
- - Oregano – 2 teaspoons
- - Salt – ½ teaspoon
- - Add a pinch of sugar if needed
- - Green Peppers
- Black Olives or any veggie of your choice
- - Diced chicken pieces
- minced meat or any meat of your choice
- - Mozzarella Cheese or Marble cheese (grated) -1 cup
- - Dried Oregano– 1 teaspoon
- - Paprika powder – ½ teaspoon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a small bowl, add warm water and dissolve the sugar in it. Sprinkle the yeast on the warm water and stir to dissolve it. Set aside until the yeast starts forming bubbles in about 5 minutes.
Pour the flour into a large bowl. Then add the olive oil, salt and the above prepared yeast mixture.
Mix the ingredients to get smooth dough. Knead the pizza dough briefly with your hands pushing and folding. Knead just long enough for the dough to take in a little more flour, and until it no longer sticks to your hands.
Dab with a thin film of oil and keep in a bowl and cover the bowl with a wet cloth or with plastic wrap. Keep it for approximately 1½ – 2 hours until the dough doubles in volume. The time required for rising will depend on the strength of the yeast and the temperature of the room.
When the dough is about double its original size, punch it down to eliminate the air bubbles.
Knead again and roll it to fit your Pizza Pan. Roll back the edges to get a small lip sized-wall at the edges.
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add the finely chopped garlic, onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Then add the tomatoes, salt, dried oregano leaves. Lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes till a thick sauce is formed.
Final Preparation & Baking:
When the crust has risen a little, sprinkle oregano powder on the base and spread a thick layer of pizza sauce. Arrange the toppings over the sauce. Cover with grated cheese.
Preheat the oven to 350F and bake for 20-25 minutes till the base turns golden and cheese starts melting.
Cut into wedges with a Pizza Cutter and serve hot.
You can make this pizza using Wholewheat flour too!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!