Salmon Cucumber Maki (Kappa)
By Sophie ALLÈS du blog L'écrin révèle le diamant
- 2 slices of salmon in natural
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Bamboo mat (Makisu)
- Plastic wrap
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash and cut the cucumber to look like spaghetti using a peeler and a cutting board, set aside. Make a vinaigrette with the mustard, maple syrup, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Reserve. Unroll the bamboo mat, cut and place the plastic wrap on the bamboo mat.
Spread the salmon slices one over the other on the plastic wrap.
Add the cucumber lengthwise on the salmon to 1/4 cm from the edge of the mat.
Roll up the mat on itself around the filling and the plastic wrap. Wrap with light pressure so as to compress the roll well.
Remove the mat and the plastic wrap. Place the roll on a cutting board. Cut the roll into two using a sharp knife. Align the halves side by side and cut each into 3 to obtain 6 kappa maki. Wrap each maki with a slice of cucumber skin. Place on a plate with a drizzle of vinaigrette and enjoy!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.