- CRUST: 1 1/4 c chocolate crumbs
- 1/4 c butter
- FILLING: 1/2 c chocolate chips
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 c icing sugar
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 2 tbs. peanut butter
- ICING: 3/4 c chocolate chips
- 2 tbs. butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Bottom Layer ; Combine crumbs with melted butter, press into ungreased 8x8 pan. Bake in 350 oven for 7 mins....Cool
Filling ; Melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove add peanut butter, nuts and eggs ..mix well.
Add icing sugar mix well.. Pour over cooled crust (step 1)
Icing ; Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave, stir well and spread over filling (step 2)
Refrigerate. Cut into small squares.
You'll also love
- No Bake Watermelon Cake 3.8/5 (37 Votes)
- swedish fish cake bowl 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet cottage Cheese 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Corn Chips 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Wacky Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate/Nutella Covered pretzels 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Waldorf Salad 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.