Hershey's Chocolate Bar Cookies
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups blended oatmeal ***see below
- 1 8oz. Hershey or Cadbury Bar, grated
- 24 oz. chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped nuts (optional)... I like using Pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
***Measure oatmeal, then blend in a blender or food processor to a fine powder.
Cream butter and both sugars.
Add vanilla & eggs, cream.
Mix dry ingredients separately, then add to creamed mixture.
Add chocolate and nuts.
Roll into balls and place 2” apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 min. @ 375.
Makes 112 excellent cookies, you may want to ½ the recipe.
You'll also love
- Refrigerator Cookies 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Amazing Kinder Bueno Flavored Ice... 4.2/5 (264 Votes)
- Brown sugar Fudge 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Kinder Bueno Ice Cream 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Bar Oatmeal Cookies 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Gooderham BarS 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Date Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thimble Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe