- 3 large tomatoes peeled and seeded
- 1/2 red onion in chunks
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cups diced crustless country type bread
- 3 cups finely diced tomatoes
- 2 cups finely diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Puree the 3 large tomatoes, red onion and garlic. Then stir in vinegar.
Whisk in olive oil slowly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top the bread with 1/2 of the above mixture and let set 30 minutes.
Toss remaining ingredients together and serve.
You'll also love
- Mom's Creamy Cucumber Salad 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Melon Raspberry Fruit Salad... 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Grilled Fajitas 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Bread Sticks 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Bread Machine Bread 4/5 (122 Votes)
- Greek Salad Dressing 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sweet Tomato Chutney 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Colorful Pasta 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.