Recipes with cucumbers - 8 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Cucumbers recipes
Oteen's "Bread and Butter Pickles"
This recipe comes from my grandmother's aunt, Oteen
- 1 gallon thin sliced cucumbers
- 8 small white onions
- half cup salt
- 5 cups sugar
- 5 cups vinegar
- one and a half tsp turmeric
- half tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp celery seed
- quarter tsp ginger
- quarter tsp allspice
Cucumbers in Sour cream
Peel and slice thin the cucumber
- 3 Cucumbers
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs minced parsley
- 3 Tbs chopped chives
- 1 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
Puree the 3 large tomatoes, red onion and garlic
- 3 large tomatoes peeled and seeded
- 1/2 red onion in chunks
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cups diced crustless country type bread
- 3 cups finely diced tomatoes
- 2 cups finely diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
Tomatoes, Mangoes, and Cucumbers Kebabs with Vanilla Oil
By Tomates de France
Cut cubes from a mango and half cucumber, wash and drain the cherry tomatoes
- 1 mango
- ½ cucumber
- Thirty cherry tomatoes
- 30 skewers
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 10 mozzarella balls
Grandma Riedthaler's Dill Pickles
Combine water, vinegar, and salt
- 24 to 30 cucumbers
- 1 part vinegar
- 3 parts water
- 4 tablespoons salt
- dill seasonings
- 3 to 6 garlic cloves
Slice cucumber thin
- 1 cucumber (do not peel)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- (few slices of onion-optional)
Peel and slice cucumbers. Add salt, pepper, and water and let chill at least 2 hours
- 2 med. cucumbers
- 2 med. onions, sliced
- salt, pepper, 1 c. water
- Dressing: 2-3 Tb mayo
- 1 Tb. sugar
- 1 Tb. vinegar