Our best cucumber pickles ideas - 4 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: easy cucumber recipes, cucumber vinegar recipes, cucumber soup, pumpkin desserts
Chef Tips and Tricks
For a quick dessert fix, turn to this handy, dandy mug recipe!
Top rated Cucumber pickles recipes
Oteen's "Bread and Butter Pickles"
This recipe comes from my grandmother's aunt, Oteen
- 1 gallon thin sliced cucumbers
- 8 small white onions
- half cup salt
- 5 cups sugar
- 5 cups vinegar
- one and a half tsp turmeric
- half tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp celery seed
- quarter tsp ginger
- quarter tsp allspice
20 easy ways to lose weight without dieting!
Make a few simple changes in your eating habits to help you lose weight without going on a diet!
bread and butter pickles
Combine cucumbers and peppers and onions in a large non-metalic pot and mix in salt and ice cubes
- 10 cups thinly sliced unpeeled cucumbers
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 large white onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pickling salt(coarse salt)
- 4 trays ice cubes
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups white sugar
- 11/2 tsp each turmeric,celery seed, and mustard seed
10 hacks to lose weight without going on a diet!
By Déborah Deprez
How many of these DIET HACKS do you know?
grandpa's summertime pickles
By european cutie, European Cutie
Here is my grandpa's recipe for summertime pickles he always used to make after my grandparents would get back from
- 12 pickling cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Grandma Riedthaler's Dill Pickles
Combine water, vinegar, and salt
- 24 to 30 cucumbers
- 1 part vinegar
- 3 parts water
- 4 tablespoons salt
- dill seasonings
- 3 to 6 garlic cloves
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!