Dill pickles - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Dill pickles recipes
Grandma Riedthaler's Dill Pickles
Combine water, vinegar, and salt
- 24 to 30 cucumbers
- 1 part vinegar
- 3 parts water
- 4 tablespoons salt
- dill seasonings
- 3 to 6 garlic cloves
grandpa's summertime pickles
By european cutie, European Cutie
Here is my grandpa's recipe for summertime pickles he always used to make after my grandparents would get back from
- 12 pickling cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper