Dill pickles - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Dill pickles recipes
grandpa's summertime pickles
By european cutie, European Cutie
Here is my grandpa's recipe for summertime pickles he always used to make after my grandparents would get back from
- 12 pickling cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Grandma Riedthaler's Dill Pickles
Combine water, vinegar, and salt
- 24 to 30 cucumbers
- 1 part vinegar
- 3 parts water
- 4 tablespoons salt
- dill seasonings
- 3 to 6 garlic cloves