Pickled recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Pickled recipes
grandpa's summertime pickles
By european cutie, European Cutie
Here is my grandpa's recipe for summertime pickles he always used to make after my grandparents would get back from
- 12 pickling cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Pickled Peppers and Tomatoes
This is the recipe that we got from Gramma Kate and we use it for pickling our peppers and green tomatoes
- 1 quart WHITE vinegar
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup of canning salt (make sure it is not iodine) (we cut the salt to ¾ cup and found it is salty enough)
- We also add garlic cloves and dill to the liquid mix.
Grandpa's Pickled Beets
Great recipe for canning!
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vinegar
- Fresh beets
- washed well
- peeled and cut into slices/cubes
- Fresh dill weed
- cleaned well.
- 1 tbsp canning spice for each jar
Sweet Red Peppers
Pickled red peppers
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quart basket red peppers
Peel garlic and figure how many total canning jars full you have
- ½ gallon Peeled garlic **
- 1/3 total liquid amount needed of WHITE VINEGAR***or RICE WINE VINEGAR* (adds a great flavor)
- 2/3 total liquid amount needed of water***
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup NON iodized salt
Great Aunt Faye's Pickled Beets:
Scrub beets until clean, trim tops
- 1 C Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 C water or beet juice
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon