Pickled recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Pickled recipes
grandpa's summertime pickles
By european cutie, European Cutie
Here is my grandpa's recipe for summertime pickles he always used to make after my grandparents would get back from
- 12 pickling cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Pickled Peppers and Tomatoes
This is the recipe that we got from Gramma Kate and we use it for pickling our peppers and green tomatoes
- 1 quart WHITE vinegar
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup of canning salt (make sure it is not iodine) (we cut the salt to ¾ cup and found it is salty enough)
- We also add garlic cloves and dill to the liquid mix.
Grandpa's Pickled Beets
Great recipe for canning!
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vinegar
- Fresh beets
- washed well
- peeled and cut into slices/cubes
- Fresh dill weed
- cleaned well.
- 1 tbsp canning spice for each jar
Sweet Red Peppers
Pickled red peppers
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quart basket red peppers
Peel garlic and figure how many total canning jars full you have
- ½ gallon Peeled garlic **
- 1/3 total liquid amount needed of WHITE VINEGAR***or RICE WINE VINEGAR* (adds a great flavor)
- 2/3 total liquid amount needed of water***
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup NON iodized salt
Great Aunt Faye's Pickled Beets:
Scrub beets until clean, trim tops
- 1 C Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 C water or beet juice
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon