Sweet Red Peppers
Pickled red peppers
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quart basket red peppers
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Wash red peppers and remove seeds. cut peppers into pieces lengthwise to fit into jars. place cut pepper pieces into jars but do not over fill in jars. Mix water vinegar, sugar and salt. bring mixture to a boil. Place liquid into the jars and seal with lids. Simmer jars in water on low heat for ten to fifteen minutes. After removing jars from water tighten lids while jars are still hot. Let stand till cool then place in cool dry place.
use tongs or an ove glove to remove jars from hot water
You'll also love
- Ham and egg quesadilla 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon Cheesy Hash Browns 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Loaded Tater Tots 2.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Mom's Lasagna 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Jam 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Sweet Onion Relish 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Ham salad 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- pickles 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe