- 2 cups strawberries
- 4 cups sugar
- ¾ water
- 1 pack of sure-gel (find by canning jars)
- 6 clean canning jars
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
take tops off strawberries and wash your strawberries
using a pastry blender tool or potato masher, mash a decent amount of strawberries (make sure the tops are off and they are room temp)
take 2 cups of the mashed strawberries and put in a bowl
add 4 cups of that sugar to the bowl
set that bowl aside for 10 minutes, stirring periodically
in a small sauce pan add ¾ cup of water
add to that a pack of sure-gel
turn on burner to med-high heat and stir
once it hits to a boil time it for a minute while still stirring
once a minute is up, add to the strawberry/sugar mixture
stir constantly for 3 minutes
after three minutes put in the jars
leave about an inch empty (it will expand when frozen)
freeze the jars about this time tomorrow
leave one out if you are going to eat it soon
they can be kept frozen for about a year or two
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!