Penny's strawberry rhubarb pie
- 4 cups rhubarb
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp flour
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Prepare a pie shell. Poke holes in pie crust top. Bake 450 degrees for 20 minutes then turn down to 350 degrees for 40 minutes
You'll also love
- Bottomless Strawberry Apple Pie 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Shortcake strawberry goo 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Rhubarb Pie 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups 2.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Alfajores 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Pop Cake 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Brandied Pots de Creme 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Sugar-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Jam 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!