Brandied Pots de Creme
- 1 3/4 cups light cream or whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 1 3/4 cups cream and the chocolate chips over medium heat, until chocolate is melted and mixture smooth. Cool 5 minutes; stir in 1/4 cup brandy.
Beat eggs, granulated sugar and salt; stir gradually into chocolate mixture. Pour into 8 to 10 ovenproof pots de creme or custard cups. Place pots de creme in baking pan, 13 times 9 times 2 inches. Place pan on rack in oven; pour boiling water into pan to within 1/2 inch of top of pots. Bake 20 minutes.
Remove pots de creme from water; cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Beat 1/2 cup whipping cream and the powdered in chilled small mixer bowl until stiff. Top each serving with whipping cream; drizzle with brandy.
You'll also love
- Incision cake "Capital" 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Anise icing 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Black & White Brownies 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Steaks with peppercorn sauce 3/5 (9 Votes)
- Tarts: Glazed Fruit Custard 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Vanilla custard (7 months+) 2.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Homestyle Baked Apples 1.4/5 (64 Votes)
- Black Forest Cake 1/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!