Steaks with peppercorn sauce
- 4 steaks
- 1 tbsp green peppercorns, drained
- 1 large shallot
- 1 1/4 cup of cognac or brandy
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 1/4 cup veal stock
- 1/2 stick of butter
- generous 3/4 c sour cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Melt the chopped shallot and green pepper in butter for 5 minutes.
Then crush half the green pepper with a wooden spoon.
Deglaze with brandy, then increase the temperature boil 1 to 2 min.
Add the mustard and the veal stock and reduce for 5 min.
Add sour cream and continue reducing until it coats the back of the spoon.
Cook the steaks in butter and serve on warm plates.
Deglaze pan with cognac, flambé and add the juice to the sauce.
Mix and season with salt and white pepper.
Pour sauce over steaks.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.