Quail with Raisins and Bacon
By ANA 61
- 4 quail
- 2 shallots
- 5-6 oz smoked bacon
- 1 bouillon cube
- Half a bowl of big raisins
- Strong alcohol (Cognac, Calva ...)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Put the raisins in a bowl and cover with the chosen alcohol. Cover and let stand for 12 hours.
Heat a little oil in a pan put the chopped shallots and smoked bacon, brown. Meanwhile tie the quail.
Remove the shallots and bacon and brown the quails on each side. Dissolve bouillon cube in a bowl of hot water.
Place the raisins in a colander but save the juice. In a casserole, add the quail, shallots, bacon, raisins, the water with bouillon and half of the alcohol.
Cover and cook over low heat for half an hour. Turn quail half-cooked. Add a little hot water if during cooking it has evaporated.
When everything is cooked, prepare the plates. Arrange quail.
Make a dome of rice and top with the filling. (Drizzle with the rest of Alcohol and flambé). Taste.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!