Sour Cream Sweet Potato Pie
A Holiday favorite!
Rate this recipe 2.2/5 (134 Votes)
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs, separated
- 16 oz sweet potatoes, mashed (about 2 cups) Use canned potatoes, or for better flavor, boil sweet potatoes until tender and mash.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 75mins
Cost Average budget
in a small bowl beat egg whites at high speed, just until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, beat sweet potatoes with egg yolks at low speed. Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
Fold egg whites gently into mixture with a wire whisk.
Place pie plate with pie crust on oven rack and pour mixture into pie crust. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 1 hour 5 minues, or until set.
Store in refrigerator after cooling.
You'll also love
- Sour Cream Chicken 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Quick fruit cobbler 2.3/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Marshmallow Log 2.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet Pie Crust 2.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Grandma's & Grandpa's Amazing... 2.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Muffins 2.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Poultry Stuffing 2/5 (3 Votes)
- Candied Yams 1.8/5 (67 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Sweet Potato Toast
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!
Review this recipe