Sour Cream Sweet Potato Pie
A Holiday favorite!
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 16 oz sweet potatoes
- mashed (about 2 cups) Use canned potatoes
- or for better flavor
- boil sweet potatoes until tender and mash.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 75mins
Cost Average budget
in a small bowl beat egg whites at high speed, just until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, beat sweet potatoes with egg yolks at low speed. Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
Fold egg whites gently into mixture with a wire whisk.
Place pie plate with pie crust on oven rack and pour mixture into pie crust. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 1 hour 5 minues, or until set.
Store in refrigerator after cooling.
You'll also love
- Microwave cake 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Potato Red Onion Tortilla Pie 3/5 (23 Votes)
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pie 2.9/5 (32 Votes)
- Pork Shoulder with Potatoes and... 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Mom's Boozy Plum Pudding with Hard... 3/5 (14 Votes)
- peach cobbler 3.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Tuna Tart 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Quinoa Sweet Potato Chili 2.7/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!