The local culinary high school made this for their Thanksgiving themed luncheon. I came home determined to recreate this for our Thanksgiving dinner.
- 3-4 large yams
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- dash of nutmeg and cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Bake yams in a 425° F oven for 1 hour or until tender. Scoop out the yams.
In a skillet melt butter and brown sugar. Add yams. Once the yams are incorporated, add remaining ingredients. Cook for 20 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.